The Wheel X.
Divinatory Meanings: Going around in circles. Starting at the same destination as the end. Not learning from past mistakes. The wheel of Karma. Recycling. Trusting too much on Fortune. The need to break from ordinary patterns of behavior.
Yes or No: No.
Numerical Value: 10.
I really can’t stand Car Racing. I abhor SUVs. I don’t like driving. I barely stand the rules of the road. I’ll never learn. But then, that’s Karma. Being attached or repulsed by stuff. Thinking that it “somehow” matters. (burp).
No matter how much we try, there are some things that win over our desire. Death comes to mind. Dishonor … Disaster. And yet, when it’s done, after we have paid the ultimate price, we go again at it with wild abandon.
Besides money, I can’t think of a more sinister adversary to human well-being than the automobile. And yet, given the chance, I would probably buy myself a white Cargo Van, probably a Toyota, although I’d rather drive a WV. Something about going around in circles for things we absolutely do not need or really “desire” once we get out of our egos.
I didn’t show the devil , the dog and the sphinx this time. That would be too easy. That would be making the symbol of the wheel cheap. (burp). Instead, I give you the ultimate in ego masturbation: Nascar. When will mankind learn to go back to God? When they stop running around in circles. Will they?
Of course not!
No comments:
Post a Comment